You may remember this victorious photo from the Singapore Marathon “Running for Rice” NingNing fundraising campaign in December 2009. No? Not to worry because we decided to challenge ourselves to ANOTHER race for NingNing!
Exactly one week from today, on MAY 7th, my lovely mom, two sisters and I will be attempting to run the largest half-marathon in the U.S. (with over 35,000 registrants), known as the “OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon” in Indiana!! For more information on this exciting race, check out: http://www.500festival.com/marathon/. Wahoo!
Would you kindly consider making a pledge of $1 PER KILOMETER that we finish? That means if we complete the full 21K, your pledge will total $21. Or you can choose to double or triple your pledge per kilometer and give a larger donation if you’d like. Totally up to you!
ALL THE PROCEEDS (minus small admin fee) WILL GO TOWARD PROVIDING COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS TO OUR NINGNING COMMUNITY OF UNDERPRIVILEGED SLUM CHILDREN IN THE PHILIPPINES.
Participating is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
1) REPLY now to the email sent by Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org) with HOW MUCH you would like to pledge PER KILOMETER.
2) PRAY for us as we prepare for and run the race on May 7th!
3) After you receive notification that we completed the race, SELECT PAYMENT METHOD from one of the three options below (**please note our new partnership with Guidelines has changed the address of where to send check donations):
- US Donations Online (secure & private) – https://www.guidelines.org/gl_donate.asp
- Donate by phone (US & Philippines) – Phone #: 949.582.5001
- Donate by mail (US & Philippines) – Send to: GUIDELINES INTERNATIONAL, Box G, Laguna Hills, CA 92654 (**Make it payable to Guidelines and specifically indicate in the check memo portion that it is for NingNing, or NN)
We’ve been training hard (in snowy, cold conditions!) to prepare for this race and would be so grateful to have your support. It would mean so much to us and the beautiful children we are putting through college in the Philippines!
Thank you and stay tuned for (positive!) reports and pictures from the race!